Skout is committed to protecting user privacy. Skout understands and appreciates that visitors and users of this web site are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to Skout.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information collected from the website may include amongst other things:
- e-mail addresses, names, contact details;
- communications between you and us;
- and transactional information about your use of our products and services
The information collected via electronic forms or through email will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- We may collect your e-mail address for membership to newsletter distribution groups
- We may collect personal details to assist in the processing and delivery of orders.
- We may use e-mail address and other contact details to inform you of changes to our services.
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, ASIO, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected (for instance, courier services);
- for use in the operation and marketing of our services;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and external marketing contractors);
- with your consent (express or implied), to others
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the 'secondary purpose') other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the 'primary purpose'), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented in the manner referred to above to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
The security of any data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Skout cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or we transmit to you online and by sending or accepting such communications you accept this risk.
When pages are loaded securely, data transmissions with this web site are encrypted with a 256 bit SSL certificate. Once logged in or during checkout, pages will be loaded securely.
Credit card information that is entered on web pages in this site is submitted directly to our National Australia Bank (NAB) payment gateway for processing. This information is never sent to, nor stored by, our server. Please do not email credit card details.
Any personal information that we hold about you in our computer systems is made more secure from unauthorised access by a range of internal security mechanisms and procedures. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible
ACCESS TO AN INDIVIDUAL'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, a member of a newsletter distribution may request the removal of their e-mail address. Any other personal information can be requested by e-mail.
CONTACT PERSON FOR QUERIES RELATING TO PRIVACY AND SECURITY
If you have any queries about our privacy and security practices, please contact [email protected]. If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use may identify individual users.
Cookies can either be 'persistent' or 'session' based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing web site. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser's memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
We might use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to our website. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit your access to parts of our website.
THIRD PARTY WEB PAGES
Our website also contains links to third party websites that we do not operate or control. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those websites and that those sites are not covered by this Privacy Statement. Third party websites may have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read.